YF&R Discussion Meet Questions for 2019*
1. In our modern world, the rapid dissemination of information and opinion about agriculture and food technologies can make it difficult to distinguish fact from fiction. Giventhese challenges, how can Farm Bureau best protect farmers’ and ranchers’ access toproduction technology options?
2. As the Voice of Agriculture, how can Farm Bureau be more inclusive of all agriculture and production practices? This includes, but is not limited to, women in agriculture, organic production, fresh produce, forestry and aquaculture.
3. Technology is one of the driving forces for innovation and advancement in agriculture. How can the industry attract the best and brightest minds from STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) into agricultural careers?
4. Money talks. How can farmers implement market trends and develop responsive business plans to generate value-added ventures and farm profits?
5. Associate members are a driver of new ideas and support. How do we create membership value and broaden the base of supporters in the Farm Bureau family?
These questions will be used for the YF&R Discussion Meet held during the 100th Annual Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana and the Collegiate Discussion Meet held during the YF&R Leadership Conference/FUSION.
*For a printable pdf of the questions click here