Farm Bureau Delegates Elect Board Members, Adopt Resolutions'.
MARLBOROUGH, MASSACHUSETTS – Dec. 4, 2020 – Today Massachusetts Farm Bureau Federation (MFBF) held its 2020 annual meeting virtually, during which delegates voted on board of director positions and discussed and adopted resolutions. They also approved structural changes for the organization, which restructured funding for the coming year.
“The COVID-19 pandemic created new challenges for our organization, however, we were able to face them head on, and host our first-ever virtual annual meeting,” said MFBF President Mark Amato. “Our resolutions this year focused on issues ranging from overweight permits to transportation to the islands, which sparked excellent discussion. This will help MFBF chart its legislative course for 2021.”
At the conclusion of this meeting, MFBF delegates prioritized resolutions that they felt MFBF staff and leadership should tackle first through an online form. Following the statewide meeting, if a resolution has national applicability, the MFBF will bring the resolution to American Farm Bureau Federation’s annual meeting in January for consideration.
During the business meeting, delegates also voted on Board of Director positions that were up for election. Following this election, MFBF’s 2020-2021 Board of Directors now includes:
- Mark Amato, President
- Laura Abrams, Vice President
- Wayne Smith, Treasurer
- Vacant, Immediate Past President
- Bob Kilmer, Berkshire County Representative
- Skip Vadnais, Bristol County Representative
- David Ross, Cape & Islands County Representative
- Warren Shaw, Middlesex County Representative
- Barbara Rogers-Scharneck, Essex County Representative
- Lenny Roberts, Franklin County Representative
- Richard Woodger, Hampden County Representative
- Alan Everett, Hampshire County Representative
- Dan Martino, Martha’s Vineyard County Farm Bureau
- Rudy Medeiros, Norfolk County Representative
- Jim Hayward, Plymouth County Representative
- Ryan MacKay, Worcester County Representative
- Steve Ward, Budge Committee Representative
- Charles Proctor, Budget Committee Representative
- Will Pickard, Budget Committee Representative
- Alex Dowse, Director At Large
- Meghan Gennings, Director At Large
- Heidi Cooper, Director At Large
- Heather Bonanno-Baker, Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee Chair
The new board was seated today, Dec. 4, and will serve until the organization’s 2021 annual meeting. Christina Saccone was also nominated as the Young Farmers and Ranchers Vice Chair.
In addition, awards were presented throughout the meeting noting American National agents’ accomplishments and distinguished membership service. Most notably, the following awards were presented today:
- American National Agent of the Year: Dominic Sinopoli
- John Ogonowski Award for Distinguished Service to Agriculture: Jeanette Rotondo from Berkshire County